Monday, August 23, 2010

Best Friends

I love days like today. Sitting outside in the sunshine, with my bare feet in the grass, feeling the cool breeze tangle my hair. I love watching Chris and Leila be kids and run through the yard with not a care in the world. Just being free.
Leila goes to her corner of the yard where she keeps her pile of dirt. She loves throwing it up in the air and in her hair. She also likes to eat it. I love her little dirt filled kisses. Chris goes to his pile of rocks that he has collected over a couple days now. He brings them all to the fence line and tosses them into the canyon. As he does this, Leila twirls in circles and claps for him. She is his personal little cheerleader. Full of so much laughter and innocence.
Once they get bored with that, Leila runs into my arms and gives me a huge dirty hug and Chris sits down next to me and our tree. This has become one of our favorite spots. Chris grabs my right hand and his sister's left and says, "Best Friends". Now, this is the second time he has done this and my eyes still watered. It was a moment that absolutely warmed my heart. I know these days will not last forever and that saddens me. I just plan on cherishing every moment I have with them. I love them so...

No comments:

Post a Comment