Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Great Idea

Today little man woke up in a fantastic mood. He looked at me and said, "May I have a great idea mom, please". He then went on to say, "Playground, bye-bye car, lunch, home". I took that as him saying those were the festivities he wanted to partake in today and in that order. I was impressed at how well he used his "manners", but I sadly had to tell him "Not today son, sorry". He just smiled and shrugged it off like it was no big deal. I wish I could do that.
Leila was a different story today. I swear that child is going to be the end of me. She climbs on everything...and I mean EVERYTHING! The kitchen table, the armrest on the sofa, the end tables, her rocking horse, her bicycle. Yes, her damn bicycle. She likes to stand on the seat and glare at me, while I watch it rock back and forth and pray that I can make it to her before she falls.
Together, the two of them, pure evil. In the amount of time it took me to use the restroom, they had climbed on a toy train, pulled the sugar bowl off the counter, carried it to the living room, dumped it on the floor, and devoured it. The only thing I could do was laugh. Both of their faces covered in sugar...it's too sweet to be mad about, right?? I love them!!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just adore those moments you can't even begin to be mad cause it is just too cute or funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think at one time might have said, " someday hope you have a child just like you!"....never thought it would be true, nor doubled! What memories you are collecting.........I used to have to chase you down after a bath just to get you dried off! Love you, daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I need those sweet, stinky,adorable trouble makers in my arms right now!! Love you sis! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete