Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Playtown

Today was a fun day! Woke up, had breakfast, got dressed, and the kids and I headed to Playtown. What an amazing place this is...an indoor playground for children ages NB-6. Bikes, cars, train tables, bounce houses, jungle gyms, and play houses. This place is a child's fantasy world.
I was a tad surprised that Chris and Leila went their separate ways, I mean, this was our first time in such a place. Leila headed to the bounce house and Chris the train table. He was in such awe of all the cars and trains that when nobody was looking...he took a play shopping cart and filled it with all the cars and ran to an empty play house to hide them. I followed him inside and found some little girl hanging from the ceiling...literally. I hurried him out of the house, not wanting him to get any ideas from this little "monkey", and we returned all the cars. I then went to check on Leila.
I found her where I new she would be, at the bounce house. She was jumping and giggling and having a wonderful time. It was in this bounce house that I realized just how fearless my daughter is...as she dove head first down the slide with a look of pure joy on her face. It was this same bounce house that I decided was going to give me a heart attack if I allowed her to play in it any longer.
We ended up playing at Playtown for almost 3 hours. I was thrilled when both kids decided to take a nap. They took them at separate times, but at least they got some rest. It is now way past their bed time and Leila is sound asleep. I have gone up once to change little man's diaper, once to pick up his books that he threw on the floor, and once so he could yell "UNDERWEAR" as I opened his door. I love them more than anything in this world!

4 comments:

  1. I wish they had cool places like that for nb-6 in our area. everything is too old for Ghram. Im jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is a fantasic idea!!! What a great way to express the joy the children bring to you.....and the heartache!!! Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep writing. You are GOOD! I see a book in your future :) I know a website were we can publish it ourselves... (See how I just made myself your editor)...

    ReplyDelete